Labor Day Weekend Parkour Competition and Party Details
This Saturday Parkour Horizons will be hosting our first ever parkour competition and jam. Below you will find a schedule and some details about the event.
What: Parkour competition featuring three different competitive formats with a party will follow. At the party we will open the gym, provide pizza and a movie for everyone’s entertainment.
Where: The Parkour Horizons Gym at 7020 Huntley Rd Ste C-1, Columbus, OH 43229
Who: The competitions will be designed for older kids, teens and adults. Younger kids are encouraged to come watch, participate in side activities, and are invited to the afterparty.
Date: Saturday, September 3rd
- Competition and Skill Challenges: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Afterparty: 5:00pm – 9:00pm (ish)
Cost: $5 cover charge (to help us pay for pizza and other costs)
Additional Schedule Change Notes: Because of the change of schedule for the weekend. There will be no normally scheduled classes on Saturday. On Sunday we will be hosting alternate open gym times from 10am-1pm for all ages. $5 as well for those open gyms. On Monday (Labor Day) we will be closed.
Have Questions?: Call us at (614) 547-7425 or send us an email through our contact page.
There will be 3 competitive formats that we will host during the day. You can sign up at the gym before the events get started. Spaces may be limited so be sure to show up early. Slots will be available on a first come, first-served basis. As this will be our first competition, we expect this to be a fun and casual event — so we encourage everyone interested to give it a try! Competitors will be competing for bragging rights and prizes such as swag, gift certificates, and free memberships.
- Obstacle Course: For our obstacle course challenge, contestants will seek to successfully navigate and complete a very difficult obstacle course. Rather than a contest between athletes, this will be a competition between the athletes and the course, much like American Ninja Warrior. We encourage spectators and fellow competitors to cheer for one another. Those who finish the course will win the challenge.
- Time Trials: For our time trials challenge, contestants will race through two parkour courses for time. The focus of these courses will be overall parkour skill, speed, and flow. The courses will have slightly different emphasis but our goal will be to test a wide variety of parkour skills. Times from both courses will be averaged together for a final score. The fastest overall contestant will win the challenge with spots for second and third getting top honors.
- Skills: For our skills challenge, athletes will compete in 3 different skill areas: laches, plyometric jumps, and climb ups. Young kids will also get to compete in running jumps.